Clickbank Instant Notification
Clickbank uses a different format for the Postback URL and passes encrypted details about conversions.
CPV Lab Pro (opens new window) offers a dedicated Clickbank Postback URL that will decrypt data and mark conversions in the database.
- In order to decrypt data you need to define the same Secret Key both in Clickbank and in CPV Lab Pro.
- The Secret Key can have a maximum of 16 uppercase letters and digits.
Starting with CPV Lab Pro 5.0 you have support for version 7.0 of the Clickbank Instant Notification. This version 7.0 allows the code to execute on PHP 7.2 and above because it doesn’t use the
mcryptextension like the old 6.0 version.
You’ll setup your campaign as you normally would but when entering your Clickbank offers you need to allow the steps below:
1. Select Clickbank as the Offer Source.
- Clickbank must be selected as the offer Source or the SubIDs will not work correctly.
- CPV Lab Pro generally uses spacing characters
_in SubIDs, but these types of characters are not allowed in Clickbank Tracking IDs.
- So when Clickbank (exactly as show) is selected then CPV Lab Pro will automatically change the spacing character in the SubIDs to “z” in order to pass correctly to Clickbank.
2. Entering Clickbank Offer URLs
- When entering Clickbank Offer URLs, be sure to include the Tracking ID Parameter they support to the end of the offer URL followed by the "subid" macro as:
3. Setup Clickbank Instant Notifications for Conversion Tracking
In your Clickbank Account
- go to the My Site page under Vendor Settings menu, then click Edit in the Advanced Tools section
- enter the secret key that you set above
- set the Instant Notification URL to:
- make sure you replace
cpvlabpro-domainwith your actual domain name
- make sure you replace
- Select Version 7.0 and then Click TEST IPN.
If the URL is correct, you should see a Verified message appearing next to the URL
Clickbank will automatically send the following parameters to the URL:
- ctid – the Clickbank transaction ID which must be setup to be the CPV Lab Pro subID
- caccountamount – the conversion revenue (in cents)
CPV Lab Pro will read these 2 values and mark the correct conversion in the database, as well as store the actual revenue, then execute any additional server-to-server pixels setup for that campaign.
Because the Clickbank performs a POST request, any 3rd party pixels entered as image, iframe or script won’t execute
- so in this case only server-to-server 3rd party pixels will fire (those are entered as simple URLs in the campaign setup page).
The Clickbank pixel allows multiple conversions from the same subID.
- If the pixel fires more than once for the same subID, CPV Lab Pro will sum the revenues that were sent from Clickbank.
Go to the Configuration Editor page (under Settings) and edit the
Clickbank Secret Keyand
Clickbank Sale Statusvariables;
- Enter the same Secret Key that you have entered in your Clickbank account previously:
Potential Issues & Solutions
1. Error message when entering the Instant Notification URL in Clickbank
- if you get the error :
The service returned the response code 503when entering the Instant Notification URL in Clickbank (image below)
- This error may appear when you have Cloudflare enabled on the tracking domain and "Bot Fight Mode" enabled in the Firewall section from Cloudflare.
- Cloudflare will consider the Clickbank requests as bot requests and they will get blocked.
- The solution is to disable the "Bot Fight Mode" in the Firewall section from Cloudflare.